- Do your adverts affect the performance of FunOrb games?
- How do I remove adverts from FunOrb?
- Iíve just performed a system scan on my computer and I keep getting cookie files on my machine from your advertisers. Are these viruses?
- Why do you have adverts on your site?
- An advert is causing me lag. Is there anything I can do?
- If I see an inappropriate or offensive advert on the FunOrb site, what should I do?
1. Do your adverts affect the performance of FunOrb games?
Performance reduction is caused by a number of different factors. In some cases, older computers can struggle to show very complex adverts while running FunOrb games. If you find that a particular advert is not in a separate window or seems to be causing your computer to struggle, then please submit an advert complaint to us. You can do this by filling in the relevant boxes with the information required.
Please remember that if you have any other browser windows/tabs open that contain adverts, then these may also be affecting your computer's performance - you should ensure you only have the FunOrb website open.
2. How do I remove adverts from FunOrb?
By paying a monthly subscription fee and becoming a member, your games will be free of adverts. Please remember that intentionally blocking the adverts by another method is against the Rules of Conduct and can result in action being taken against your account.
3. Iíve just performed a system scan on my computer and I keep getting cookie files on my machine from your advertisers. Are these viruses?
The files that you have discovered on your machine are perfectly safe. They will not harm your computer in any way.
Our advertisers store a little identifying file on your machine, known as a cookie. This cookie records what adverts you have received, clicked on and enjoyed. They do not record any personal information. If you have any concerns regarding cookies and what they are, we recommend clicking on this link: www.networkadvertising.org.
4. An advert is causing me lag. Is there anything I can do?
Firstly, it is important to ensure that all of your settings are correct and in line with the advice of your ISP.
To limit the effect that a lag causing advert has on your system, right click on the advert and under the quality heading, select low.
While this may not solve the problem, it should ease the lag that you are experiencing while the advert is displayed.
5. Why do you have adverts on your site?
Advertising is a very effective way for us to ensure that we can continue to offer free-to-play versions of FunOrb games, as it helps to pay for the servers and the support needed to keep the game running. We have very firm guidelines in place stating what is and what is not acceptable for adverts on our site.
6. If I see an inappropriate or offensive advert on the FunOrb site, what should I do?
You can send us an advert complaint, by clicking here.